Sunday 27 April 2014

Columbus Short Not Returning to 'Scandal'

HipHollywood told you first that Columbus Short was issued a warning to get his life together or else by Scandal Executive Producer Shondra Rhimes, and it looks she’s had enough.




Columbus Short gets back to work on the set of 'Scandal', after being seen for the first time since news broke of a bloody bar fight the star was involved in on March 15th
Short issued a statement via his publicist Friday (April 25) announcing that he would not be returning for season 4.
“At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful.”
The statement comes just a week after news broke of a domestic altercation at Shorts Calabasas, CA home. According to reports, Short got into a fight with his wife and threatened to kill her and take his own life. Just a couple weeks earlier Short was also involved in a bar fight which resulted in him knocking a man unconscious and breaking his nose. Sources say the accuser may not press charges, but Shorts wife Tanee has filed for divorce (for a third time), and a judge has ordered him to vacate his home.
ABC, has not yet released a statement, but based on the climatic season 3 finale it was obvious his character Harrison was being set up for a write off. Lets just hope this motivates Short to finally get his personal life in order. You know what they say about hitting rock bottom?

No comments:

Post a Comment