Thursday 24 April 2014

Blackhawks (Patrick Kane nets game-winner in overtimeChicago TribunePatrick Kane raced into the offensive zone and let loose with shot that pulled the Black)

CHICAGO -- St. Louis Blues forward Ryan Reaves called the Blackhawks "gutless" Monday if they taunted forward David Backes after he was injured on a hit by Brent Seabrook in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series.
A television microphone picked up audio of someone saying "Wakey, wakey, Backes," after Backes was dazed by Seabrook's hit on Saturday. Backes will miss Monday's Game 3 with an upper-body injury.

Blackhawks/Blues
      The Blackhawks-Blues first-round playoff series has been a physical battle from the very start.

"I don't know who was saying anything," Reaves said Monday. "It doesn't matter who was saying it, whether they caught them on camera or not. If something was said, it's gutless. He has to live with
it, not me."
Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith were both near Backes after the hit, and neither player knew what exactly was said.
"There's a lot of things that get said out on the ice in the course of a hockey game, especially in playoffs," Keith said. "I mean, I'm an emotional guy. It's an emotional game. I don't remember everything that gets said throughout there.
"I don't know how many times you want me to say the same thing. I'm skating around, didn't see the play, come in there to help support [Seabrook]. Like I said, there's lots of things that get said over a course of a game. You know I don't remember everything that gets said."
Toews said he began talking to Backes after Backes offered to fight him.
"I didn't say anything really until he actually ... I mean, I don't know what he was feeling or going through," Toews said. "I guess you can imagine what he was like against the boards there. I think he was pretty fired up. He asked me to fight. That's the only reason I started talking to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment